geek goggles

Saturday, June 10, 2006

I love my job

I love love love working.

Today I had to wake up to a client wanting an immediate and temporary change to their website, so I had to drive to my office downtown to help them out. I didn't find out until too late that there was a fucking Rose Festival going on exactly in between my office and my house, on the route that I need to use to get there. I almost ran out of gas while waiting in traffic.

So I get there, make the 20 second change to the site and walk out 3 minutes later to brave the traffic on the way back home.

So not worth it. Even with the hour of travel time my boss is letting me charge.

I finally got my SG check, so I'm no longer going to be just in and out of the hole. I already racked up $75 dollars in overdraft charges, after depositing a $700 check in, while waiting for it to clear on a weekend. Fucking aye. But now I'm rolling.

I'm obsessed with finding myself the perfect moped. I have money now and I want one of these cutie things! Why can't they be easier to find? I'm ready to geek out completely, sling a backpack full of programming books over my shoulder and ride my moped to my office in Sellwood. That, to me, equals happiness.

4 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you'll find me curious but... what kind of job are you doing?

lithius

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger Erin S. said...

I do web production work. Small marketing websites n stuff.

 
At 3:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need a VNC server so you can access and control your work computer from your home computer.

This is a good free one:
http://www.tightvnc.com/

You just install it on your work computer and you can pull up the work computer's desktop in a browser window on your home computer and control the work computer with your mouse and keyboard at home. It's pretty neat stuff. I use it all the time. I hope it helps.

 
At 4:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention something. Some anti-virus programs recognize VNC servers as trojans because if someone gets your password they can obviously control your computer. So, umm yeah, just ignore it if your anti-virus tards out when you try to install it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home