geek goggles

Monday, June 26, 2006

Prince Not-So-Charming


I have the best weekdays ever, and then I'm tired. I tell myself, oh, thank god it's Friday. At least I can sleep in this weekend and catch up, and take naps. Instead, I have the best weekend ever and get hardly any sleep at all, and on Monday morning I can hardly drag myself out of bed. It's been like this several weeks running, but I don't know what I want to give up.

Screw it, I'm happy.

This weekend I went to the river with a couple kids that looked like normal tattooed skate boys but acted like meatheads that watch too much "Jackass" and "Viva la Bam". The above kid, Christopher, is not one of those. Christopher is a good one. But honestly, one kid actually had a tattoo of flaming, flying tits on his leg. He said it was his "golden slipper" and that the girl with tits like those was the girl he was going to marry. When I asked, "what if you're not her type?" he replied that he'd roofie her and knock her up, and they'd live happily ever after.

I was really disappointed in where this was going until I realized that if he could see the tits, then chances are she would've already gone farther than I could ever see myself going with this guy, who generally seems like a close-minded mysogynist circus carnie- all white trash and angry. I thought, maybe that's how these people find true romance. If you lower your standards to the point where any woman will do as long as her ta-tas can be compared to a tattooed charicature of a body part, purple and swollen and oddly misshapen, well... You never know, do you. As Loren then pointed out, maybe we shouldn't try to make sense of love.

So, whatever. I'm happy. The redheaded prince is happy in his quest to find the perfect perky purple pillows. Live and let live.

2 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel sadness for him he consider that love is just that.

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Jonno B said...

"As Loren then pointed out, maybe we shouldn't try to make sense of love."

Truer words have never been spoken.

le sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home